Let’s guide you through to make JKPDD bill payment online in this article.
Electricity in J&K is provided by JKPDD (Jammu Kashmir Power Development Department). The Power Development Department or PDD is online to accept the payment from consumers of Jammu and Kashmir.
Gone are the days when we used to stand in long queues of J&K Bank to pay for our monthly electricity bills and keeping a record of the hard copies of payment receipts of the bill paid. The record keeping of electricity bill payments and making online bill payment in J&K is now done through the website of JKPDD.
There are four ways to make electricity bill payment in J&K.
- Use JKPDD Bill Sahuliyat App
- Pay electricity bill in J&K by visiting a J&K Bank.
J&KBank MPay app to pay for electricity consumed.
- Use the PDD Online webpage to make payment through their website.
Now, let’s dig in through all the methods to pay for the electricity bill in J&K one by one:
We will first discuss
- Download and Open the App from Playstore
- Click Next on the Welcome Screen
- Select the “Set Up New Account” Option
- Register with your Consumer ID and Installation Number available on your PDD Bill
- Enter your e-mail to get the OTP
- Enter the OTP which you will receive in
- Click Next to Complete the Registration.
- Click on “Pay Now” to make the payment.
Check the image below to understand the process of making use of PDD Bill Sahuliyat App.
The conventional method is J&K Bank Electricity Bill Payment option or paying a visit to nearest J&K Bank from your location and standing in long queues and making the payment in cash. Use this method if you have a lot of time in your hands. The positive thing is that you will surely end up making an acquaintance by the time your bill is paid.
Also on our Website
- How to Apply For State Subject In J&K
- How to Obtain Birth Certificate and Death Certificate in J&K
- RTO Codes of All Districts in J&K
- How to Apply for Ration Card in J&K
How to pay electricity bill online in J&K?
- Download the MPay app from the Google Playstore and register yourself with the app if you have J&K Bank account. Most us in J&K have an account with J&K Bank so I think this will not be a problem.
Register yourself on the MPay app and follow the procedure as shown below to Pay Electricity bill online through mPay App.
- Using PDD online services to pay for the electricity bill though their website. Here we describe it in a step by step procedure below.
Now, there are two steps for JKPDD Online Electricity Bill Payment on Bill Sahuliyat Website of PDD.
- Quick Pay
- Logging in the Bill Sahuliyat Website to makethe JK PDD online payment.
Quick Pay lets JKPDD pay bill online in two easy steps on the its website. See the image below to understand better
Enter the Consumer Details, amount to pay and your mobile number.
Hit the Pay button to proceed to the next step.
In this step you can change the amount in the editable box and clicking the Change Amount Tab. Check the Terms of Payment by clicking on it and accepting the Terms and Conditions by the Power Development Department.
In the next step select the Payment method with which you would make the payment.
The advantage of logging in to the JK PDD Bill Sahuliyat website is that it has lots of other useful features which are not available otherwise if you make use of the Quick Pay option.
How to check electricity bill status online for JKPDD?
Register yourself on the website of JKPDD and Login to JK PDD Bill Sahuliyat website. You will find the bill amount in the left side of the screen and a “Pay Now” button below the amount to pay for. Click on the “Pay Now” Button to initiate JKPDD online electricity bill payment. The bill amount is generated by 10th of each month. See image below.
What services are offered on the JK PDD online?
- Apply for new Electricity Connection in J&K.
- Subscribe to the SMS Alerts.
It is a a very convenient option particularly for the mountainous regions of Chenab Valley or PDD Kashmir Division where geographical weather constraints delay receiving of hard copy of the bill. You can avoid the late fee charges if you know the bill amount generated timely.
- Update KYC.
- Check Consumer Electricity Bill History.
- Payment History of the JKPDD Electricity Bills paid.
- Usage History. You can check the Number of electricity Units consumed, start of meter reading and end meter reading during a particular month under this option.
- Generate JKPDD Duplicate Bill.
- Payment Receipts. There is an option to download the payment receipt under this option.
- Link Multiple Electricity Connections under one account.
What is the Helpline No. of JKPDD?
Helpline number of JKPDD is 1800-180-7666 and 1912. The JKPDD claims it to be a 24×7 Toll free Helpline Number.
How to find the Electricity Bill Consumer Number of J&K PDD?
The Electricity Bill Consumer Number is located on the top left side of the Bill. The two important things to know about your electricity bill is the consumer code and the installation no. See the image below as these details are required to register yourself on the JK PDD Bill Sahuliyat website.
At present the option of making JKPDD bill payment is not available on the popular Payment apps like PayTm or Freecharge.
The on-line payment prescribed through Sahuliyat app. is not dependable The automatic linking of payment s made by a consumer with the new charges shown in a bill generated by the PDD computer is not automatic.e.g Bill charges for the month of February 2019 we’re not linked with the payment made by consumer online through Sahuliyat on 12/2/2019 in respect of IDNo 0102030003077.
The software needs to be updated so that the linking of both debits and credits in respect of ID is automatic.,so that the purpose of online payment is achieved in full.
Absolutely, there is a lot of room for improvement. We hope JKPDD looks into the issue.
They r least interested in improvment to briing transparency by complete computerisation which will obstruct the ways of corruption and cause efficiency in Revenue collection.
The financial year 2018-19 ends today.The transaction of RS 631/-:is still out of the account of consumer.
Having remained out of home for a considerable period the updation of my SBI Pass book had remained in arrears.On reaching Jammu I got my Pass book updated and was surprised to note that the PDD had refunded back the amount on a following date.
In between I was in correepondanc with JK Bank as well as PDD.None of the authorities of PDD intimated me the reason of refund nor could they just tell me that the the amount has been refunded thereby putting me to continued mental agony.
Apart from updating their software by PDD they must keep the consumers updated of the events relatedb to payment of electric charges .
R L Bhat.